How to connect DeskTime with Outlook Calendar?
The DeskTime Outlook calendar integration helps you remember to log your offline time - the time you've been away from your computer, either in meetings or for other work-related reasons.
You can sync your Outlook calendar with DeskTime and all the events from your calendar will be added to your DeskTime productivity bar. Instead of manually logging in your offline time, DeskTime will do it automatically for you.
How does it work?
To use DeskTime Calendar integration, make sure you have enabled Calendar synchronization "checkbox" in the Settings → Account, or Settings → Team members → Edit.
How to integrate DeskTime with Outlook Calendar?
1. Click on settings and then Integrations:
2. Find the Outlook Calendar integration next to Google Calendar and press Activate
3. Log in to your Microsoft account
4. Press YES to allow DeskTime access your account info and you are all set
You can choose:
- which calendars to synchronize with DeskTime. To choose, go to Settings, select calendars you want to sync with DeskTime and click Save.
- synchronize your calendar with DeskTime during your work hours only. To activate that, go to Settings, check the box below the calendar and click Save.
To save your settings always press SAVE button.
- All events are synced once in an hour, with the lookback window of 24 hours.
- In case you use your computer during the planned offline time, DeskTime will track that time and adjust offline time around this computer time.
- Please note that you have to turn on the DeskTime desktop app within the next 24h after the event, otherwise it won't be synced with DeskTime.
- Private events, in Outlook Calendar, are not sent to the DeskTime app.
- In case the event has been shorter or longer than marked in your Outlook Calendar, you can always manually update the time at My DeskTime page.
- To disconnect your Outlook Calendar, go to Settings and then Integrations. Afterward, click Delete Integration.