How can I change the status of an application?
There are two ways to change the productivity status of an application:
- Directly from My DeskTime page, where you can choose to change an app's status for the whole account, or for a certain team.
- Go to Settings and then Apps productivity. There you can see all three sections (Productive, Unproductive, Neutral) and what kind of apps are in there.
First of all, choose the section you want to adjust. Select all the applications from that section you want to move to a different one. Scroll down until the end of the section, where you will find a drop-down list with all three productivity divisions. Choose one and click Assign.
- Only account owners and administrators can change application productivity. If you do not have this access, please reach out to your DeskTime account owner.
- If you change an app’s productivity status by the 10th of the month, the updated status will apply to the previous month, current month, and the future.
- If you change an app’s productivity status after the 10th of the month, the updated status will apply only to the current month and the future. The app’s productivity data for the previous months will remain the same.
- If you need to correct the productive time for the previous month, make sure you update the app's productivity status by the 10th of the current month.
- Apps productivity can only be adjusted for the current and the previous month. View previous data by exporting reports here.
See instructions on how to change application productivity in the video below: